Do You Need Oral Surgery in Jacksonville and Orange Park?
If you are currently experiencing pain caused by issues with your jaw, impacted wisdom teeth, or deteriorating dental enamel, the highly skilled team at Imray and Gesek is ready to help with practical oral surgery options that can be performed right in our dental office. Our team includes specialists with advanced training in oral surgery, which can help you feel much more confident when receiving dental care from our team in Jacksonville and Orange Park. We are here to help when you need our services most.
What Is Oral Surgery?
Oral surgeons undergo extensive training in a variety of surgical treatment options. Any operation that requires cutting into the tissues of the mouth, gums, sinuses, or jaw will typically be performed by a specialist in oral surgery. General dentists can extract teeth by pulling them and can apply crowns and fillings. They can also perform most other dental procedures to keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright. For certain complex or advanced procedures, however, an oral surgeon may be the best choice for our patients at Imray and Gesek.
Why Would I Need an Oral Surgeon?
If you need significant work done on your teeth, gums, or jaw, you may require the services of one of the oral surgeons on our team. Our oral surgeons can perform the following services on behalf of our patients:
- Removal of wisdom teeth is usually best left to oral surgeons. These procedures may require cutting into the gums to reveal the roots of wisdom teeth. Additionally, wisdom teeth may become impacted, which means they are pushing and growing against the teeth next to them. This can cause damage that may require a crown or other treatment to address. At Imray and Gesek, our oral surgery team can perform wisdom tooth removal in Jacksonville and Orange Park.
- Complicated tooth extractions are another reason to consult with an oral surgeon. Teeth may need to be removed because of injuries, significant decay, gum disease, or deterioration of dental enamel. These issues may make it difficult to pull your teeth in a traditional way. Instead, oral surgeons can use advanced techniques to remove entire teeth or pieces of teeth safely. They can also remove the roots to allow the placement of dental implants and to reduce the risk of infections and other problems in the future.
- Dental bone grafts are necessary when there is significant bone loss in the jaw. By grafting bone into the jaw, your oral surgeon can create a base into which dental implants can be placed and allowed to heal. This can open up a full range of options for replacement teeth that include individual artificial teeth, bridges, and dentures applied to these permanent dental appliances.
- Dental implants are another procedure that is best left to oral surgery professionals. As mentioned above, these implants offer a secure attachment point for a variety of dental appliances and can restore your confidence in your appearance by giving you back the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Corrective surgery of the jaw is sometimes required to restore proper function or to correct congenital or acquired abnormalities. If your jaw is misaligned or has been injured, you may suffer from temporomandibular joint dysfunction, also known as TMJ disorder. Working with one of our oral surgeons at Imray and Gesek can allow you to enjoy greater freedom of movement and relief from TMJ pain and discomfort.
- Periodontal disease treatments may require surgery to remove pockets of infection from under your gums safely. Our oral surgeons can perform these procedures in a safe and comfortable environment that will reduce the risk of cross-infection and other complications that could impact your recovery and could affect the health of your gums and teeth.
- Treatments for sleep apnea may include dental appliances, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines, and surgery. If you need surgical treatment for sleep apnea concerns, Imray and Gesek can help with these issues. Our oral surgeons have the knowledge and the experience necessary to provide these advanced treatments for patients with sleep apnea to help them breathe more evenly and easily at night.
- Other oral surgeries may include the repair of damaged tissue, correction of cleft palate issues, and removal of oral cancers. Our oral surgeons at Imray and Gesek are ready with effective treatment options for your needs and to help you feel better quickly.
The team at Imray and Gesek can provide you with the right services for your teeth and gums in the Jacksonville and Orange Park areas. If you need oral surgery, we can perform these services in-house to save you time and stress when managing your dental care needs now and in the future.
Why Choose Imray and Gesek for Oral Surgery?
At our office, we provide the right care in a relaxed and nonjudgmental environment. We know that life can sometimes get in the way of receiving regular dental care for yourself and your family.
If you are experiencing pain in the teeth, gums, or jaw, call Imray and Gesek today to schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located in Jacksonville and Orange Park. Our entire team is standing by to provide the friendly and caring services you need to help you look and feel your best. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you and your family to build a future of better dental health.
Comments are closed.